How to Do EFT

Here's a five-minute lesson on how to do the basics of EFT.




Now that you know how to tap, here are some written instructions so that you can take it to the next level:

EFT: The Basics

1) The set-up (the set-up is optional. I often skip it.): "Even though I'm upset/sad/angry about _________________, I deeply and completely accept myself." Recite the set-up three times while tapping the karate chop points together.

2) Tapping through the points: Go through the tapping sequence two times, while repeating your tapping statement at each point: "I'm upset because ______________." When you've done the sequence twice, evaluate how you feel. If the issue or pain is still present, go through another full round of the set-up and tapping, and/or move to another aspect of the same issue.

3) To find another aspect of the same issue, just go with how you're feeling. Helpful questions to determine your next tapping statement are:

What am I experiencing in relation to this issue/symptom now?

What thoughts and feelings are coming to me about this now?

If this symptom/issue had a color, what would it be? Then tap on that. For example: "This gray sadness in my belly."

If this issue or symptom had something to say to me, what would it be? Then tap on that. For example: "Even though this pain in my hand is saying 'I can't do this anymore', I deeply and completely accept myself."

Tapping Points
eyebrow
corner of the eye
beneath the eye
beneath the nose
chin
collar bone
beneath the arms
karate chop point
liver point (about 2 inches beneath the nipples/breasts)
heart (sternum) and crown of the head

If you have questions, as always, let me know in the comments section below. I'm here to help, and I'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment